Square Grand Tuning

Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:14:55 -0500

On Feb 10, 2005, at 6:40 AM, Terry wrote:

> Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute Joe Garrett. You service 77
> square grand pianos? What is your service area - everything west of
> the continental divide? Were you tuning squares back in the 70s - I
> mean the 1870s? There likely aren't 77 square grand piano in the whole
> state of Oregon. Please explain.

The only way the Northeast states could keep sales for "new" pianos
booming was to move the "old stuff" elsewhere -- I'm sure some were
packed onto wagon trains via the Oregon Trail, and some probably went
via clipper ship. (this is my too many cups of coffee already invented
history)
Just like those grey market Yamahas and Kawais in this era! I guess the
retirees to your state forgot to get their squares packed into the
moving vans.

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available