Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:26:53 +0100

Arnold my friend !!

For those of you who dont know, Arnold is the fellow who works together
with André.  Arnold works alot with soundboard rebuilding projects and
is IMHO an all around great guy.

Thanks for chirping in, but I am afraid you lost me a bit... first you
say there is no K point, then you say there is. Then you say Klaus and
Udo use different crowning methods, and then you say they use the
compression method.  Begins to sound like the strawman in the Wizard of
Oz just after the goons raided them in the haunted forest and flew off
with Dorothy ! :)

Seriously tho... would you mind going into a little more detail. I'd
loveto have this whole K point thing clarified for me. I've been a bit
curious ever since I first heard about it, and havent seen the subject
pop up here before at all.  Also... I remember distinctly Udo talking
about crown and compression along the grain being << essential >>... so
if you know more about what he meant there I'd love to hear that as well.

And for what its worth, your use of the word Tension should (I believe)
be interepreted as general Stress by readers.  Correct me if I am wrong
Arnold.. but you didnt mean actually stretching something... just
applying different stresses.. yes ?

Thanks for the post !

RicB