Our good old ETD's

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:22:11 -0600

HI Quentin,

This post came to me after my earlier reply. I apologize for miss typing =
your name. I have now seen the jpg attachment. John Ross, and Joe Goss =
are correct. My comments are in agreement. I have a Korg AT 12 as part =
of an evaluation kit. In this kit I have a light,tuning hammer,rubber =
mute, key dip block,blow/letoff,bearing gauges,the Pierce Piano Atlas, =
the Piano Book,and update,and tape measure. The Korg only gives =
approximate pitch,and tuning pin, pinblock condition. This works for =
some normally unmaintained home pianos.=20

Your Post just came in! I will stop here and read it.

A votre sante
(My French language skills are not bon)=20

Hubert

From: Quentin Codevelle=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:02 AM
  Subject: Our good old ETD's

  Hello list,

  I know that many techs in the US tune with the help of an ETD, and I =
've found several old ETD's in our workshop, I wonder if you have ever =
tried them before buying your actual ETD.
  Two out of three machines are still working.
  Look at the pictures...

  BTW which ETD do you use every day? Did you ever have some bad =
comments coming from the customers when they saw you were tuning with an =
ETD instead of aural?
  In France, many people are reluctant to ETD's, and it is difficult for =
many techs and even to the clients to change their minds about it.

  I personally use the trial version of Tunelab pocket since a month, it =
is great for checking my temperament and checking the precision of the =
octaves.
  I've not tuned any piano only with the ETD, I've only checked my work =
with it for the moment.

  Have a good evening.

  Quentin