More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:05:01 -0800

Not to belabor this point, but just to clarify for my own understanding
(because this point confuses me), if the ribsets support all the bearing
as if the panel wasn't there, how does the panel achieve the requisite
stiffness to do what it needs to do?

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:13 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

>AHEMMMMMMM!   I believe you three are the only ones designing primarily
rib
>crowned and supported soundboards. But I do not think you three are
the
>only ones building that type!
>
>Geeeesh! I don't get no respect around here!
>
>Terry Farrell

Yea, you're right, you got me. Clumsily worded - sorry. BTW, I got one
of
those pretty B panels you made for me ribbed Saturday with another of
those
rib sets designed to support bearing as if the panel wasn't there at
all.
Bridges are roughed in, laminate capped, and marked for drilling.
Tomorrow
afternoon, I'll locate them on the soundboard with the plate, and... I'm

looking forward to hearing this one when it comes together.

Ron N