Brand new Hamburg Steinway O

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:01:51 -0800

> List,
> Just returned from working on a brand new Hamburg Steinway O which was sh=
ipped
> from London to S. Florida and arrived 2 days ago. Thought I would share a=
 few
> facts about how Hamburg Steinway crated and prepared this piano for it's
> voyage..
> l. The crate was equipped with a battery powered device which determined =
if
> the crate ever was been tilted left or right beyond a reasonable point. T=
he
> light would click on a remain on if that situation ever occurred througho=
ut
> the voyage.  The crate was a work of art, almost as nice as the piano ins=
ide.
> 2. The piano not only arrived in reasonable tune, but in excellent tune a=
> A440.
> 3. Not one disconcernable false beat anywhere throughout the entire keybo=
ard.
> 4. The action was in beautiful regulation and voicing.
> I have to handed to our overseas Steinway people. What a joy to work on a=
> instrument which had been prepared so carefully. Obviously, Hamburg Stein=
way
> had the customer's best interest at stake. Bravo Steinway!
> Tom Servinsky
>> =20

My experience as well over the years, Tom. Beautiful work, beautiful work
ethic, classic protocols and artisan focus pretty much describes Hamburg
Steinway and their approach.  Their counterparts over here have a steep hil=
to climb, and that=B9s just the truth as we all know it.

Xoxo
David Andersen