Spinet horizontal side separation

Greg Graham grahampianos@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:38:07 -0800 (PST)

Yet, Terry, you are correct.  I attached a
back-of-the-envelope sketch to define "horizontal
side" and "vertical side".  What has come loose is the
upper "horizontal side, which really is also the
keybed support.  It is one slab, attached to the edge
of the back (presumably with glue) and to the lower
"vertical side" with two little angle brackets.

Greg Graham

>Terry wrote:

>But Greg indicated that the entire keybed, action and
sides had separated from the piano back (or at least
that is more-or-less what I understand him to be
describing). I don't think Wurly ever made any piano
quite like that.

Hey, but isn't that beastie above a real beaut'?

Terry Farrell

> Are you sure the dang thing was glued together in
the first place?  <snip>
> Good luck!
> Patrick
> On Feb 15, 2005, at 12:54 PM, Greg Graham wrote:
>
> > The glue joints on both of the upper, horizontal
sides