Finishing questions

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:03:17 -0600

It sounds like your wood is not yet free of finish.  If it is, it must be
really hard wood to not take stain.  It also may have silicone or oil in the
wood.  Try a degreaser or wash it with TSP Trisodium Phosphate in water.

There are two kinds of filler and two uses for them.  If you need to fill
voids you may use Rock Hard or Bondo or whatever.

This filler I will tell you about below is not to fill missing spots.  It is
to speed up pore filling once you start to apply finish.

The colored wood fillers are available from Constantine's

Go to:
http://216.105.59.114/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=161

It is a good price,  I buy the gallon.  It is in several popular colors and

IT lasts forever when you remove using my method.  Once it is dry take it
off with a credit card or a single sided razor blade.  Save all shavings
removed and put them back into the can and stir them in. You will need to
thin it every so often with Naptha for fast drying.  Before I use this I do
a thinned wash coat of orange shellac to keep the paste color from staining
the wood.  The black filler down in the pores really brings out the grain of
oak or mahogany.  If that is too dark check out the other colors.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com <http://www.thepianoworld.com>

Do you or your family have a health challenge?  Put YOUR BODY’S OWN IMMUNE
SYSTEM to work for you----It is capable of repairing itself from EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://bullock.myglycostore.com <http://bullock.myglycostore.com/>  to get
the right fuel