Pitch

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:39:57 -0800

David I. said: " Sharp of A440 is=3D
 just find.   Leave it where it's at and what happens next time."

David etal,
Every time I hear that I get really wigged! That's all well and =
good....IF the piano is only played with itself. However, when played =
with other instruments, such as woodwind and brass, or the pipe organ, =
for that matter, you'll get yerself in deep do-do, IMHO. The first =
advice given was to put a D-Chaser system in and get rid of the large =
pitch swings. Ya makes a few bucks. The church is really happy with you, =
so they'll quit using that other Tooner.<G> And, you'll not have to =
work/worry so darned much. Win/Win, IMO. Floating the pitch only is =
applicable if the piano is NOT played with other instruments.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I