Pitch

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:36:38 -0800

You need a wig...

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Pitch

David I. said: " Sharp of A440 is just find.   Leave it where=
 it's at and what happens next time."

David etal,
Every time I hear that I get really wigged! That's all well and=
 good....IF the piano is only played with itself. However, when=
 played with other instruments, such as woodwind and brass, or=
 the pipe organ, for that matter, you'll get yerself in deep=
 do-do, IMHO. The first advice given was to put a D-Chaser system=
 in and get rid of the large pitch swings. Ya makes a few bucks.=
 The church is really happy with you, so they'll quit using that=
 other Tooner.<G> And, you'll not have to work/worry so darned=
 much. Win/Win, IMO. Floating the pitch only is applicable if the=
 piano is NOT played with other instruments.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I