Great old pianos with big, fat ribs........

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:31:12 -0500

You are welcome. FWIW, the Knabe upright that I yanked apart and =
appeared to have a crown cut into the ribs had ribs that were wider than =
tall. Regarding the crowning nature of your Packard - you state that =
"Packard was rib crowned there is no doubt: the contour is readily =
visually observed as cut into the ribs themselves." How can you =
determine that? If the rib is curved, could it still not be from panel =
compression? You may well be correct, but I just don't see how one could =
be so sure.

Terry Farrell