More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:55:48 +0100

Yes..
But we were talking about varying panel thickness in a RC&S board to
achieve the same stiffness as a CC board.... so my point holds.

Ron O writes

>Ric B writes: /So varying panel thickness to achieve similar stiffness would
/>/probably insure dissimilar mass.
/
Varying the panel thickness, to achieve a certain level of stiffness,
has been the most usual method of controlling stiffness for the CC
building school. The hysteresis loss matter, which Sarah raised, is
an interesting one as well.