More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:29:50 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2005 1:32:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sec@overspianos.com.au writes:

Ron Overs Wrote

I realise that many believe that some panel compression is required for a
satisfactory result - even Dale. But I suspect that we might still be a long
way from the end of the RC&S 'development road. In time, even Dale might  change
his view. I might change mine. But at this time, clearly Dale is  getting
some wonderful results with his own sound boards. The re-boarded D he  took to
the recent convention has won many fans.

  Thanks friend. I think you know that I've changed my mind on  many things
over time based on info shared on this list so the jury's still  out.
  For the record Please no that I'm not casting any negatives  on the RC&S
system whatsoever but as you say there are none or few  really for the average
tech to hear so it's like this 1955 bordeaux  wine many say is really good but
I've not tasted the 1952 (because  it's rare) which is by all accounts a
superior version.
   It's that simple to me.

As far as I know, our no. 5  is the only fuller RC&S boarded  piano to have a
CD made from it. Del and Ron or Terry, any recordings from  your pianos out
there? The recording of our first CD on no. 5 will be  completed today. Greg
Newell, I'll let the list know when the CD is being  released for sale. I'll put
some Mp3 from the sessions on the website sometime  soon.

  Love to hear it.

Since there are virtually no pianos out there with RC&S boards for  anyone to
hear at this time, perhaps before passing judgement, we should all  try a
couple of the new RC&S construction instruments before rejecting it  as inferior
technology. I have to tell you that for me, while I am gaining  experience and
drawing some conclusions, many questions  remain.

  Totally agree. I appreciate your honest self-effacing  evolutionary journey
& for sharing it here.
 Sincerely
  Cheers
   Dale