finishing questions .... second edition

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:47:15 -0500

I just took another look at the lid and I think that the lid is a red dyed
mahogany with a dark walnut type poor filler with the stain mixed in if I
had to guess. What I've uncovered, probably from using a scotch bright pad
during the stripping process, is the reddish looking mahogany underneath
not a sun bleached section like originally thought. As was pointed out the
sun bleached section is common so I guess I was looking for that and
incorrectly labeled the problem. Sorry if I through you off track! I'm
still not sure how to deal with sun bleached wood should that present
itself on another piano but that's a topic for the future.

Greg Newell