Dumb Tuner moves -/ lost tool

Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:10:13 -0500

Carl wrote . . .
>slim, wood handle screw driver,
> which I  use to insert the tuning felt.

You use a screwdriver to push in the strip mute??
I've used a regular dinner knife, with tiny serrations for grip. It's
strong, thin, and shiny . .  nerver pulls the felt back out when moving to
the next .
I also get a lot of smiles from my customers when they see the " highly
professional tool' I am using. A good ice breaker with new clients !

I wonder what others use . . .
oh, and about lost tools, I found a capstan tool sitting in the fall board
hinge where I had placed it a year earlier one time.

Sometimes conversations with the customers are distracting to ones routine .
. n'est ce pas !!

Jim Kinnear
www.kinnearpiano.com
Collingwood, ON, Canada

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress
 -- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher
Do good by stealth, and blush to find it fame
 -- Alexander Pope    (1688-1744) English Poet
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!