More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4@woh.rr.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:02:11 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C51598.88672300
RE: More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & PitchHello, Mr. =
Overs!  Excuse my ignorance and curiosity, but how do you figure how big =
this "fish" should be, and how do you come up with what size the =
soundboard should be?  (ie: where to place the cutoff bars?)  Why should =
the manufacturers, for many decades advertise that the bigger the =
soundboard area, the bigger the sound, and then we put in cutoff bars to =
decrease that "essential " size?  There are others out there who would =
like to "tool up" to do soundboards, as well, and do them well.  How do =
you figure out how to design soundboards with the knowledge that seems =
to be expanding all the time? =20
Clark A. Sprague, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Overs Pianos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 1:59 AM
  Subject: RE: More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch =
Raise

  Davids both and all,

    It's an extension of the rim inwards toward the bridge from behind =
at the upper end of the piano.  It's designed to reduce the amount of =
excess soundboard area at the very top of the scale.  It's called a fish =
because the shape of the extension is somewhat fish shaped.  Maybe Terry =
or Ron have a picture they could post.=20

    David Love
    davidlovepianos@comcast.net