More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:57:06 -0500

RE: More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & PitchHi Clark. I'm =
not sure if you are actually asking for all the technical details that =
go into belly design formulation (can't help much with that), but I do =
know of one very simple method to come up with an excellent full =
rib-crowned soundboard design for any piano - and it is the way I do it: =
Pay Del Fandrich to redesign your piano! He offers this service to the =
rebuilding industry.

Terry Farrell
  Hello, Mr. Overs!  Excuse my ignorance and curiosity, but how do you =
figure how big this "fish" should be, and how do you come up with what =
size the soundboard should be?  (ie: where to place the cutoff bars?)  =
Why should the manufacturers, for many decades advertise that the bigger =
the soundboard area, the bigger the sound, and then we put in cutoff =
bars to decrease that "essential " size?  There are others out there who =
would like to "tool up" to do soundboards, as well, and do them well.  =
How do you figure out how to design soundboards with the knowledge that =
seems to be expanding all the time? =20
  Clark A. Sprague, RPT