One more tuning question...

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:08:17 -0500 (EST)

What I mean is...why be concerned about floating 440 when the piano goes out differantly. Too much fuss or a couple of cents....most people dont know,  dont care, and think the piano sounds fine, even when its horrible.  Again, it depends on who is using the piano for what. Otherwise its alot of fuss for nothing.

Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@luther.edu> wrote:At 12:48 2/18/2005, you wrote:
>How does one solve the problem with the piano when it goes out of tune to
>differant degrees. Some sections goe sharper or flatter than others, no
>matter what A does. Despite the fact A=440, it might be the only one in
>tune ??????

Easy! Tune it ALL to 440.

Yesterday, I tuned a spinet where the A was at 434, the bass section was
sharp and the top was just about at pitch.

Just what ETDs love...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.