So then, if I understand what you are saying, how do you (or anyone

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:05:37 +0100

HI folks

This one keeps coming back, as if one is looking for some way of justifying
the thought from the get go.  A soundboard is not going to influence the
balance between the fundemental and partials across the board unless it acts
as a broad band filter or something of the kin.  Looking at resonant
frequency partials ladders for various different soundboards, there is
nothing to indicate that any particular type of board construction will do
this per se.  That said... if you build any type of board purposefully do
act as a filter.... you can. Zimmerman comes to mind... :)

The idea tho is to create an assembly that doesnt get in the way of the
strings own partials picture any more then is absolutely neccessary.

Read Wogram.

Cheers

RicB

So then, if I understand what you are saying, how do you (or anyone
else) imagine that the balance between the fundamental and partials
might be affected by CC versus RC&S?  Might the RC&S tend to produce a
stronger fundamental with weaker overtones?