"Fish"....my best guess..

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:44:50 +0100

Oh Gawd... will you folks every give up with this kind of question ? It
is absolutely hopeless at very best.  Of COURSE the scale works as well
as it can, it is exactly as the designer intended, what THEY wanted.  If
anyone wants to build something else.. then go for it... but PLEASE...
dont sit here and try and tell anyone that your opinions about what
works best are more valid then anyone elses.

Read em and weep boys... like it or not... they lead the pack... because
the buying public over the past 100 years has put them there.  I mean
reallly....

Vladan.. you are absolutely correct... they work just fine.

Cheers
RicB

Vladan wrote:
>/
/>/ I recently looked at the scales of the various
/>/ Steinway pianos, keeping in mind that the current
/>/ practice in scale design aims to keep uniform tension
/>/ within a section.  The models B and A - two of the
/>/ most coveted S&S pianos - have relatively uneven
/>/ tensions in the low tenor.  Yet the pianos do work.
/
Correct. But I think an interesting question is: Do they work as well as
they can?