"Fish"....my best guess..

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:16:55 -0500

Oh Gawddess, Good Grief! Just because so much of the piano manufacturing =
industry has seemingly indeed given up on this question (that's the =
point, baby!), doesn't mean it is not an interesting question. Unless =
that question is asked, we go nowhere - which is the bulk of the =
industry's direction over the past 100 years.

It's not hopeless. I think it is facinating!=20

I think you are suggesting that it is hopeless to convince everyone that =
there is one best way to do something (like build a soundboard). I think =
there may well be a best way for me to build a soundboard. But there are =
indeed many ways to build a soundboard, and I think that is a fine =
thing.

How does stating that it is an interesting question suggest that I am =
trying to tell anyone that my opinions about what works best are more =
valid than anyone elses? I'm simply stating that the question interests =
me. That's why I enjoy bantering back and forth about it.

Holy hot dogs Batman, what's all this excitement about?   ;-)

Terry Farrell

> Oh Gawd... will you folks every give up with this kind of question ? =
It=20
> is absolutely hopeless at very best.  Of COURSE the scale works as =
well=20
> as it can, it is exactly as the designer intended, what THEY wanted.  =
If=20