"Fish"....my best guess...

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:21:02

Hi Terry,

Take a skipping rope. Tie it to a concrete wall or some other massive
object. Put a pound of tension on it. Now "pluck" it. Does the wave
dissipate when it strikes the wall or does it "reflect" back from the fixed
end of the rope? I'm certain that it is part of the reason that pianos with
massive rims generally exhibit good sustain.

At 11:31 AM 19/02/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>   What do you base this on? Does anyone know the
>origin of this kind of thinking?
> Not even Steinway marketing would agree with  this:
>Terry Farrell

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7