Rib crowning & compression failure

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:55:39 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Brekne,
    With all due respect: it is not the fact that
Steinway produces some very enjoyable pianos that is
being criticised. It is the fact that they seem to
"rest on their laurels", and bask in the lucrative,
idolatrous adulation that is heaped upon them by much
of the planet's populace, while producing pianos that
seem to bear little change due to scientific scrutiny
--- from what they were in 1888!
     Also: Other fine pianos have come and gone: some,
in many ways, superior --- only to be quashed by the
marketing Juggernaut of S$Sons, N.Y.!
     And those vanquished pianos often take their
secrets of construction with them. it is that which we
despise. ANYONE who thinks they are above improvement
is, by nature, reprehensible!
     Thump