Big Fish

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:37:54 +0100

Terry, and whoever else buys into all this... do you REALLY think
factories like Yamaha, Kawaii, Steinway, Petrof, Bosendorfer,
Steingręber, Schimmel, Bechstein, etc etc etc etc have << given up >> on
the question.... I mean lets get real here.

Of course the subject matter of what happens when you pull this or that
thread is full of fascinations.  All that wonderment tho, gets rather
mucked up when one stops being purely fascinated, and starts trying to
tell the rest of the world how <<the other guys>> obviously have had it
wrong all along, dont really know what they are doing, have given up
thinking up an origional thought of their own at least a hundred years
ago, and that all the rest of the world needs to do is just follow......

A bit of impartiality... thats all I ask.  I take if for granted that
each has his / her own preferences for sound.

Cheers
RicB

grin.... you serving any sweet relish with your Dogs ??  And some of
that chili ketchup if you dont mind. 3.95 right ??  I think I have the
exact change...

Oh Gawddess, Good Grief! Just because so much of the piano manufacturing
industry has seemingly indeed given up on this question (that's the
point, baby!), doesn't mean it is not an interesting question. Unless
that question is asked, we go nowhere - which is the bulk of the
industry's direction over the past 100 years.

It's not hopeless. I think it is facinating !

I think you are suggesting that it is hopeless to convince everyone that
there is one best way to do something (like build a soundboard). I think
there may well be a best way for me to build a soundboard. But there are
indeed many ways to build a soundboard, and I think that is a fine
thing.

How does stating that it is an interesting question suggest that I am
trying to tell anyone that my opinions about what works best are more
valid than anyone elses? I'm simply stating that the question interests
me. That's why I enjoy bantering back and forth about it.

Holy hot dogs Batman, what's all this excitement about?   ;-)

Terry Farrell