OT help in buying a cello

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:04:26 -0000

Hello list and Greg
I play the cello and have three instruments and several bows. I strongly =
recommend following (as one does, of course with pianos) proper =
professional advice. I use Yargar strings (made in Denmark) The most =
interesting thing is... I bought a really cheapo cello (a Stentor) to =
keep in my holiday cottage for practice when I'm there. I bought it new =
in 1992 and it was heavy and awful. Now, in 2005, it has undergone a =
complete metamorphosis! Something to do with the drying out of the =
moisture in the body of the cello I think. Rather like a piano?=20
Regards
Michael G.(UK)