cleaning keys

Greg Graham grahampianos@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:54:57 -0800 (PST)

I use a blasting cabinet which is a hybrid of Bill
Spurlock's Journal article and the TIP Tools plans.  I
made mine out of cheap 1/4 inch plywood and 2x2's
ripped from larger 2x stock.  A blower sucks out the
dust and cleans the glass beads as they recycle.
Everything is enclosed and contained.  Very fast, very
safe, very effective.  I love it, except it is huge.
Big enough for a full action, vertical or horizontal.

Before and after photo of keys attached.

Greg Graham
Brodheadsville, PA

Original message follows:
-------------------------
Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:41:59 -0500 (EST)

Does this blaster require a collector system or dust
removal , a special booth. Are you talking blasting
actions, as they are, or totally stripped down to the
rails. How does this work. Does it take all the black
and grunge and discoloring of the action parts....give
me MMOORREE!!

Dean May wrote:
Hi Jack,
I use a siphon feed sand blaster. You can pick one up
for about $20 at farm supply stores or Harbor Freight
type tool sellers. ...