Perof grand damper levers

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:36:29 +0100

Hi,

I've seen this kind of damper levers recently, I think it was on a =
pleyel grand dating from the late 1960's.

Arnold, you said that it is a good thing and that it should be used as =
standard. Can you tell us more about it?

Isn't it more difficult to have an excellent damper lift (a damper that =
lifts without going to the left or to the right)?

When the damper is in place, but without the wire screwed in the damper =
lever, I like to visually check for proper alignement between the damper =
wire and the lever hole (or lever screw).
That way I'm pretty sure that the damper will lift without having a =
lateral movement.
I would find it difficult to check it the way I do if the lever has this =
kind of configuration.

Bye,

Quentin