Perof grand damper levers

Arnold Duin aduin@euronet.nl
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:39:53 +0100

Hallo Quentin,

The regulation of this type of damper lever isn't more difficult then =
the standard one. All standard regulation rules apply to this type of =
lever although it is somewhat easier (more forgiving) for the sideway =
regulation ( to the left or right). The nice thing about  is that it =
will help the damper to move straight up compensating somewhat for the =
deviation the lever makes on is way up. In that way there will be less =
stress on the system  =20

If  I understand your method correctly you can use the center pin of the =
 swiveled wire holder as a guide to check for proper alignment.

Greetings=20
Arnold

  Hi,

  I've seen this kind of damper levers recently, I think it was on a =
pleyel grand dating from the late 1960's.

  Arnold, you said that it is a good thing and that it should be used as =
standard. Can you tell us more about it?

  Isn't it more difficult to have an excellent damper lift (a damper =
that lifts without going to the left or to the right)?

  When the damper is in place, but without the wire screwed in the =
damper lever, I like to visually check for proper alignement between the =
damper wire and the lever hole (or lever screw).
  That way I'm pretty sure that the damper will lift without having a =
lateral movement.
  I would find it difficult to check it the way I do if the lever has =
this kind of configuration.

  Bye,

  Quentin