Shorten the ribs....or make them stauncher?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:53:15 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the answer Ron ( especially considering
that we have not always "gotten along")!   After I
posted the question below, yesterday, I also wondered
if the reason for the "fish" was to make the length of
the speaking portion of the board shorter, in the
treble, so that the high frequencies emitted by the
strings there can use a  more sympathetic length of
wood to impart their vibrations to ?
     ( Less inertial mass for these tiny strings to
try to oscillate, sympathetic vibration of the wood
itself more in accord with high frequencies. )

     Respectfully,
     Thump