Shorten the ribs....or make them stauncher?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:20:20 -0600

>Which brings up my next question: To increase
>stiffness, why not "beef up" the ribs, instead of
>shortening them with cutoffs and such ?

That's done, and it can make a nice board when you want to use the original
rib locations. Rib crowning, with tighter radii in the treble, and a little
deeper profile are easy enough to add with little trouble. A bass cutoff
and a belly rail brace help enough at they should always be considered, in
my opinion.

Ron N