cleaning keys

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:17:52 -0800 (PST)

> Thump (Gordon Stelter) has another cleaning method
> that is intriguing. It involves soaking things in
> some concoction. I haven’t been able to overcome my
> built in resistance to soaking wood parts in fluid
> to try it. But the results are beautiful. It should
> be in the archives within the last few months.
>
> I use this ( "Superclean" ) to briefly soak black
and stinky action parts. Then I rinse them and dry
them on a screen.  It DOES work ewell ( Thank you,
Dean! ) . try it on some junk and see for yourself.
      But I am pretty shy about using it on keys,
because they are more likely to warp, in my
experience. If I did, I'd tack down the buttons with
brads, first, lest they shift around or come loose.