ear candles?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:47:58 -0800

I tell you what, I don't know who to believe anymore, but just=
 plain sense, tells me "ear candles" is nuts!

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: David Andersen
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: ear candles?

Hey, Tom Cole---don=92t pull that trigger so quick; did you know=
 that Quackwatch is totally funded by 4 or 5 different=
 pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the subtext is that anything=
 remotely naturopathic, alternative, integrative, herbal, or=
 cutting edge is quackery, because: guess what? Those treatments=
 don=92t sell drugs, kids. I=92m not a ranter or conspiracy geek, but=
 it=92s pretty obvious to me that pharma as an industry are lying,=
 dogmatic, judgemental, mechanistic entities who have little=
 vested interest whatsover in healing---sadly, only in symptom=
 suppression.

Go here:  http://quackpotwatch.org/

and don=92t be so smug, bubba.... :--)

Go to=
 http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html

Tom Cole

ilex cameron ross wrote:

hello hello again, list!

Soooo, I was in some airy fairy gift shop today and saw ear=
 candles and started wondering what "we" (of the piano tuner=
 persuasion) think of such a device? Everyone I know who has used=
 ear candles says they're just incredible, that even if you clean=
 your ears regularly, these things manage to extract all sorts of=
 gunk out of there, thus vastly improving your hearing.