ear candles?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:55:06 -0500

I am quite certain that candling does not remove any wax. But it is a
very soothing experience.

A free man should be able to choose for himself if he wants to candle
his ears. Uncle Sam and the protected medical industry cartel don't
think so. This is the freedom we are bringing to Iraq.

Most ear problems stem from moisture. Keep your ears dry.

Blessings,

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of David Andersen
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 12:29 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: ear candles?

Hey, Tom Cole---don't pull that trigger so quick; did you know that
Quackwatch is totally funded by 4 or 5 different pharmaceutical
manufacturers, and the subtext is that anything remotely naturopathic,
alternative, integrative, herbal, or cutting edge is quackery, because:
guess what? Those treatments don't sell drugs, kids. I'm not a ranter or
conspiracy geek, but it's pretty obvious to me that pharma as an
industry are lying, dogmatic, judgemental, mechanistic entities who have
little vested interest whatsover in healing---sadly, only in symptom
suppression.

Go here:  http://quackpotwatch.org/

and don't be so smug, bubba.... :--)

Go to http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html

Tom Cole

ilex cameron ross wrote:

hello hello again, list!

Soooo, I was in some airy fairy gift shop today and saw ear candles and
started wondering what "we" (of the piano tuner persuasion) think of
such a device? Everyone I know who has used ear candles says they're
just incredible, that even if you clean your ears regularly, these
things manage to extract all sorts of gunk out of there, thus vastly
improving your hearing.