Perof grand damper levers

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:37:23 +0100

Hello Richard,

As you know,some jazz players also pluck the strings sometimes (although =
we always tell them not to touch the strings without gloves....grrrrrr), =
and someday we had problems on one of our grands that we rent for =
concerts because the last guy who played the piano (Bill Carrothers) =
plucked the strings and he bent some dampers.

We moved the piano from the place where the "plucking guy" performed to =
another concert hall, and we did not check that everything was in place =
before moving it tp the next place.

So as I began to tune the piano for the concert,I remarked the problems =
and I had to put off the action, and spend a lot of time on damper =
regulation in bad conditions (very little light...).

The dampers regulation was in really bad shape.
The piano was a Kawai RX-2 so it has a regular damper lever =
configuration..

I fear that sometimes pianists are not really aware of what they do on =
the piano and on the damage they can make on such fragile action parts.

Quentin