Petrof grand damper levers

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:45:53 +0100

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for your explaination.

In fact, when I am installing new damper felt for example, when my felt =
is glued on the damper head, I like to put the damper on the strings, =
without engaging the wire in the lever.
I balance the damper lever in my direction and I check if the alignement =
is good between the lever hole (where the wire is screwed in) and the =
wire when resting in its natural position.

This is a trick I was given by my boss, and I find it useful, because =
that way, I know how much I have to bend the wire to get the best damper =
lifting (without sideway movement) before even screwing the wire in the =
lever.

I think you understood it the right way. Unfortunately, my english is =
often short, especially when describing such delicate operations on =
regulation.

Best regards to you and Andre !

Quentin