snappy tuning pins

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:17:23 -0700

Greg,
    I've never found plate binding to cause snappiness. If, for some
reason, you DO need to drill the plate webbing, a magnet is very handy for
picking up the fillings. (try to not magnetize the strings) For snappy or
uneven pins, I've had success with a VERY thin solution of Garfields Pin
Block Restorer. Instead of 50/50 alcohol to resin, I use a 10% solution,
and apply it sparingly. Sometimes, it has worked like magic. Others, not so
much, although I've never noticed any problems afterwards. My region is
extremely dry, your mileage may vary.

Regards,
Guy Nichols