snappy tuning pins

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:57:38 -0800

John Ross said: " swab the hole with pin driving fluid.=20
Which I think is just spar varnish"

John T.Pin Driving fluid IS Spar Varnish, BUT it is merely the base =
substance w/o all the added driers, etc. Our modern equivilent is called =
Phenolic Resin. I am working on a supplier for it, AWS. Pin Driving =
Fluid will help the "poppy pin syndrom", somewhat. The down side is that =
the pin has to be extracted in order to apply it.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I