Glue pinblock plugs

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:09:32 +0100

Hi Terry,

It's one of those Pleyel from end 19 th century with an open face =
pinblock. Many of them have the upper lamination cracked in the tenor =
section from the left to the right and have the tuning pins bent =
foreward. Specially  the pins closest to the keyboard are concerned. =
I'll send a picture if I find out how to work with my new digital =
camera.

Thanks for the information.

Pierre
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Terry=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 10:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Glue pinblock plugs

  I have used epoxy in this application with great success. And yes, =
there are other glues to use. Epoxy may be the better selection if the =
original has cracks. When you say cracked, exactly how is it cracked?

  Terry Farrell
    I checked the Pianotech archives trying to find out what's the best =
way to glue laminated pinblock plugs in a cracked pinblock but I =
could'n't find out.
    Is epoxying  the best way to fix these plugs ore are there better =
glues?
    Thanks for some advice.

    Pierre