Glue pinblock plugs

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:15:45 -0500

Is the plate out? Or is the plate going to come out for this procedure? =
Have you considered replacing the block? Have you considered section =
inserts?

Terry Farrell

  Hi Terry,

  It's one of those Pleyel from end 19 th century with an open face =
pinblock. Many of them have the upper lamination cracked in the tenor =
section from the left to the right and have the tuning pins bent =
foreward. Specially  the pins closest to the keyboard are concerned. =
I'll send a picture if I find out how to work with my new digital =
camera.

  Thanks for the information.

  Pierre

    I have used epoxy in this application with great success. And yes, =
there are other glues to use. Epoxy may be the better selection if the =
original has cracks. When you say cracked, exactly how is it cracked?

    Terry Farrell
      I checked the Pianotech archives trying to find out what's the =
best way to glue laminated pinblock plugs in a cracked pinblock but I =
could'n't find out.
      Is epoxying  the best way to fix these plugs ore are there better =
glues?
      Thanks for some advice.

      Pierre