Convetnion Pics

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:42:29 +0100

Glad to hear it Dale.

Seems to me like it would be potentially good all around for the PTG.
Involving the public directly in these things in as many ways  as is
possible seems full of potential.....

Guys like yourself can perhaps make a bit more of a mark for yerself,
other products can sell, and maybe there is room  even for a class or
two open to the general public... general informative stuff...

Cheers
RicB

Ric
   Ric I agree
   This is David Andersen  & my thoughts  exactly. Yes & finally we/ & others
 would be more  inclined to bring our
"Custom rebuilt Pianos" (value added  pianos) to show why these pianos can
compete with new ones at new or close to  new prices.  Every body understands
the word "custom" & the  inherent  quality that  that usually brings to a
product  so why  not in the piano world? The time has come IMO
   It is a very big deal  & expense for the small Custom rebuilder to have
one let alone 2 or  more finished show pieces ready & tricked out at exactly
the right time  to show his peers & public. That's why more guys don't do it.
It's enormous  undertaking.
   After all we don't have the advantage of just  un-crating something ,give
a floor tuning  & show it as  saleable.

  Yes it would give our illustrious guild more of  presence, over time, were
it an oft repeated affair. It could even be bulled as  a show or some special
sales & or at least viewing event.
  Dale Erwin