Convetnion Pics

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:54:55 -0500

On Feb 22, 2005, at 5:42 PM, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Glad to hear it Dale.
>
> Seems to me like it would be potentially good all around for the PTG.
> Involving the public directly in these things in as many ways  as is
> possible seems full of potential.....
>
> Guys like yourself can perhaps make a bit more of a mark for yerself,
> other products can sell, and maybe there is room  even for a class or
> two open to the general public... general informative stuff...

Hello,
Seems to me back when I was on the Board the idea was presented to the
manufacturers as an opportunity, but between a lack of enthusiasm on
their part (their sales people are generally preparing for or
decompressing from summer NAMM) and the added logistical complications
for the PTG staff and Institute volunteers (who move mountains to put
on the annual Institute & Convention), the notion was tabled.
Rebuilders certainly have the opportunity to show off their objet d'art
in the main exhibit hall to the rest of the paying convention attendees
but few find it worthwhile to spend the money involved.
While it seems the CA convention made an especially good show of it,
the spring MARC (PA) and NEECSO conventions often serve as venues to
display major rebuilders' and remanufacturers' offerings to the rest of
us.

Patrick Draine