Your opinion on use of Pin driving fluid...was...snappy tuningpins

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:38:13 -0800

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Joe Garrett
  Sent: February 23, 2005 7:56 AM
  To: pianotech
  Subject: Re: Your opinion on use of Pin driving fluid...was...snappy
tuningpins

  Brad asked: "Would you use pin driving fluid, or spar varnish on every job
with new block
  and stringing?
  What about Bolduc block, drilled with cobalt .257 bit (as recommended by
  Pianotek).

  Does every new block require pin driving fluid?"
  Thanks

  Brad,
  I was taught to use the stuff, by Del. However, I don't think he espouses
it's use, today. (correct me, if I'm wrong, Del.<G>)

Only on high-density, multi-ply blocks. Those that have more adhesive in
them than wood.

Del