Who gets the bill?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:46:30 EST

<< Here's the question: who do I give the bill to?  I don't feel it's the
customer's responsibility, as it's virtually a new piano, with no
environmental
factors involved that could possibly cause such changes in regulation as to
render the piano virtually unplayable.  Should it be the dealer, who really
doesn't prep the pianos particularly well?  Normally, this particular brand
comes into the store in very good shape with need for only minimal tweaking.
And
given the price paid by the customer, the store was likely even less
inclined than normal to service the piano thoroughly.

Greetings,
     A little advance communication with the dealer would have made all this
a no-brainer, you would have known who you were working for before you began
the work and they would have known they were going to pay.  Now that you have
made the investment of your time, you will have to sell the dealer on accepting
that it was in his best interest that you did that.  Was there a warranty?
What sort of dealer is involved here?  One that simply sells product or one who
cares about how the instruments perform?
    Some kind of agreement with the potential warrantor(?) will make these
situations a lot easier to deal with.
Good luck,
Ed Foote