Who gets the bill?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:26:23 -0500

Dave Stahl wrote: Here's the question:  who do I give the bill to?

The customer contracted with you, he called you. He is therefore
responsible for your bill and he can negotiate with the dealer or with
the manufacturer for reimbursement. If he had called the dealer first
and the dealer had sent you out it would be a different story.

Now on the people side of the equation, he will probably be pretty upset
if you take that approach. I would show him a bill with his name on it
and tell him that you don't think he should be responsible for it and
you will try to get the dealer or the mfr to pay. But he knows that it
is his name on the bill which sends the message that he is ultimately
responsible.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272