Who gets the bill?

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:00:51 +1000

Dean,

You are totally correct.

The customer should have contacted the dealer first, or Dave should have =
advised the customer to go through the dealer.

This can be a costly learning curve!

Kerry

Kerry Cooper
Piano Technician
Accredited Member APTTA, PTTGQ
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dean May=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:26 PM
  Subject: RE: Who gets the bill?

  Dave Stahl wrote: Here's the question:  who do I give the bill to? =20

  =20

  The customer contracted with you, he called you. He is therefore =
responsible for your bill and he can negotiate with the dealer or with =
the manufacturer for reimbursement. If he had called the dealer first =
and the dealer had sent you out it would be a different story.

  =20

  Now on the people side of the equation, he will probably be pretty =
upset if you take that approach. I would show him a bill with his name =
on it and tell him that you don't think he should be responsible for it =
and you will try to get the dealer or the mfr to pay. But he knows that =
it is his name on the bill which sends the message that he is ultimately =
responsible.=20

  =20

  Dean

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359