Who gets the bill?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:20:22 EST

In a message dated 2/24/05 12:15:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

I've not read all of the  incoming mail yet so it will be interesting to see
what the collective wisdom  of the list has to say. What I would have done in
your shoes is to call the  dealer and/or manufacturer prior to even touching
the piano to see who the  bill goes to. Then and only then will I agree to do
the work. Been bitten  before.

Greg,

I actually contacted both, and was reasonably well assured that if the
manufacturer wasn't going to pay me, the dealer would.  I have a good  enough
relationship with that particular dealer that he trusts that I won't rip  him off.
In the end, getting paid is the bottom line.  I am certain I  will get paid.

Alan Barnard's comments about the piano being reasonably well regulated
before leaving the store were not all wet!  Indeed, the piano seemed okay  at the
initial tuning(after about a month in the customer's home), then  not-so-okay
at the second tuning six months later, then really-not-okay a month  later.

I think Keith Roberts' observations about compressing felt may have some
merit here.

The issues here are:

I want to get paid
I want to do the right thing.