M&H BB for sale

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:25:35 EST

=20
Thomas,
=20
Don't give it up!! =20
=20
What is it about the piano you don't like?  Heavy action and...?   I think=20
putting "D" hammers on it probably didn't complement the character  of the p=
iano=20
or make it sound anything like a "D".  IMHO, the best  Masons have a rich,=20
lustrous tone.  My 1919 AA has Ronsen hammers on  it--pre-Wurzen, too--and i=
t=20
really sings. =20
=20
My advice is to make connections with people in your chapter and solicit =20
advice about action, hammers, voicing, etc.  Just because you  personally ca=
n't=20
make it the piano of your dreams doesn't mean that it  can't be done, and mu=
ch=20
cheaper than buying a new piano.
=20
What would your alternative piano B?
=20
Dave Stahl
=20
In a message dated 2/24/05 2:35:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, =20