Quality in a Pinch

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:08:53 -0000

MessageHello Hubert and List
This talk about short round-nosed pliers got me to look at mine. I do =
quite a lot of bass string splicing - saving the client a lot in string =
replacement (never works, replacing one out of a pair, does it!) Made me =
realise just how much I value what I have. Made by HOPPE in Western =
Germany, they are 4 and 3/4" (the ALT+0190 doesn't seem to work in =
Outlook Express...) long and have a wire cutter hole as well. VERY =
strong - which is essential for close bending 0.053" piano wire for the =
preforming of the two  reef-knot halves.
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: hubert liverman=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 5:47 PM
  Subject: Re: Quality in a Pinch

  Hi Guys,

  Vigor makes very good tools. I have several that I have used for =
years. I found their phone number in the library and called them. They =
sent me a catalog and I ordered what I wanted. I lost it in my last =
move. It may be listed somewhere online under Optical Tools and =
Supplies. Expensive but worth every penny.

  Hubert Liverman
  Tuner/tech
  Opelika,Al.

    ----- Original Message -----=20