Quality in a Pinch

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:22:51 -0400

I have found that the little ones, are no good for large guage wire. The little ones are mainly for the electronic trade.
I too, would like to find a round nose pliar, with good leverage, and a small round tip.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike McCoy
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 5:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Quality in a Pinch

  A guy in our Chapter went on such a hunt recently and the local hardware store ordered "Channellock 35 4"  "Little Champ" roundnose pliers. They have short strong tips, made in Germany, very nice for making wire loops/knot tying.  Here's a link

  http://www.channellock.com/acb/stores/2/product1.cfm?&SID=2&Product_ID=132

  Mike

  hubert liverman wrote:
    Hi Guys,

    Vigor makes very good tools. I have several that I have used for years. I found their phone number in the library and called them. They sent me a catalog and I ordered what I wanted. I lost it in my last move. It may be listed somewhere online under Optical Tools and Supplies. Expensive but worth every penny.

    Hubert Liverman
    Tuner/tech
    Opelika,Al.