M&H BB for sale

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:10:32 -0500

Ummmmm, center rail pin?

I agree with you though, lead in the keys alone isn't going to do much =
for tone.

Terry Farrell

  Thomas,=20

  I guess I'm a little confused but why would anyone even want that?=20

  At 07:40 PM 2/25/05, you wrote:

    You are absolutely correct Barbara.  Although this piano has (well, =
had)
    Touch Design, it was specifically installed with as heavy an action =
as
    possible to try and 'help' the piano tone.  Lots of key lead =
weighting, all
    back towards the center pin.

  Since the keys don't have center pins, are you saying toward the front =
or=20
  towards the capstan? And why would a heavier playing action "help" the =
piano
  tone? There are other ways to help the piano tone without doing =
something that
  "might" injure" the person having to play on it. Like I said, I guess =
I'm=20
  confused. Just curious.=20

  Avery=20

    Thomas Maurice
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA, CNA, CCA, B.S., M.M.
    528 Nottingham Rd
    Baltimore, MD  21229
    410-566-2018