"Screwed"

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:37:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0027_01C51BFF.F0C06C00
Hi all,

When my Wissner was last moved, the folks from Columbus Piano Movers =
were kind enough to bend one of my lyre screws clean over.  This is the =
one that they didn't bend:

You would think it would be easy enough to find a screw, but I'm finding =
I can't even special order this thing, at least from the usual sources.  =
Everyone tells me it's an antique.  (Geesh, it's not even 100 years =
old...)  HELP!  Does anyone know where I can get a screw like this?  =
Perhaps someone has one sitting around that they might be willing to =
send me?  Any help/leads would be greatly appreciated!

Short of that, I'll probably be drilling out, epoxying threads in place, =
and using machine screws.

Peace,
Sarah

PS Don't even ask what they did to the lid!  Fortunately it needed =
refinishing anyway.  They're usually much more professional than that.
------=_NextPart_001_0027_01C51BFF.F0C06C00
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0027_01C51BFF.F0C06C00--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...